Friday, August 26, 2011

Fan Flash Friday

Hey, did you know that there's something pretty new going on over at the Pink By Design facebook page?  It's called Fan Flash Friday.  Every Friday, Sarah will post a pic of a project she made using PBD stamps.  Once you see her post, you can post any project, old or new (preferably one that uses PBD stamps, but it doesn't have to), to the PBD facebook page.  Then, Sarah will randomly choose one of the people who posts to win an AWESOME prize.  This week, the prize is the Everyday Cricut Cartridge.  Isn't that so easy-peasy?!?!?!? 

This week, I decided to post something new for Fan Flash Friday.  My husband's brother had a birthday on Thursday, so I decided to try making a masculine birthday card for him.  He loves to fish, so this is what I came up with:



This easel card measures about 6" by 5.5" when it is closed.  I used the Camping Critters Cricut Cartridge for the background and the little fishing deer.  The sentiment in the water is from the Pink By Design Woodland Critters stamp set, and the birthday sentiment is from Pink By Design's Birthday, Birthday stamp set.


Here's a view of the card from the side.  I used a couple of brads to help the card stand up like an easel.  You can also use cardstock that's been popped up with pop-dots, but I decided to go with brads this time.


I even made a little pocket that we could tuck some money or a gift card in.  My brother-in-law is still pretty fresh out of college and getting married in September, so money's always a good gift for him. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I hope you like my little masculine card. 

So, what are you waiting for???  Sarah has already posted her project, so head on over to Fan Flash Friday and post a project of your own!



11 comments:

  1. What a great easel card- love it- and I love the clever money pocket!!! I will be stealing that idea :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh sweetie this is awesome...fabulous scene card so cute! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Oh my gosh I just love this!! Great job!! :) That sentiment, is too cute! I have a blog award for you :)
    hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovin this card. You put alot of work into it. A great job I might add. Really nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. I'm really glad I have that cart. It is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lisa~awesome card! I love your masculine card and the pocket is an excellent idea! Great card:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card ! love it !
    I'm new follower!
    Thanks for commenting in my blog ;)
    Have a great Wednesday !
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, I love the colors you used, very masculine your BIL will love it.


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D