Friday, January 13, 2017

A Sale, New Files, a Freebie, and Some Changes

Well, hello there! Long time, no see, huh? I had a wonderful, restful break, and I was really able to do some thinking and soul searching. After a lot of thought, I've decided to do things here a PPPR a little differently from now on. Before I tell you about the changes, I'd like to share the reason I'm changing things up. So, here it goes...I'm going to be real with you, right now.

When I started designing cutting files, it was a complete career change for me. I went from teaching elementary school full time and going to graduate school to staying home and figuring out how to turn my drawings into cutting files (because of a family move and change in our situation). I was passionate about paper crafting, and I loved every minute that I was designing. It really was a dream come true.

Fast forward to now...almost 5 years later...and my dreams have changed a bit. I still love to draw and create art, and my heart and interests have really started to shift. I'm super excited right now because I'm learning new ways to draw and I'm using those drawings to create acrylic, watercolor, and digital paintings and illustrations. I'm taking classes and absolutely loving every minute of it. I'd love to turn this new passion into something more...I'm just not quite sure what that means, just yet. So, I'm sure you can imagine that a lot of my time has been taken up by these new interests. It's really all I can think about...which is a really exciting thing, especially since I've been struggling over the past couple of years with bouts of something pretty close to depression. I just wasn't myself...I was withering away. But, now I'm back, and feeling fresh and happy and excited again. So, I have to follow my heart on this one and really invest my time in these new interests. That's really best for everyone...my family, my friends, and, of course, me.

So, here's how things are going to change. I still want to create SVGs, but I also want to have plenty of time to learn and practice my new passion. So, I will no longer be offering freebies every Friday. I know. :(  But, I will be offering Flash Freebies occasionally...I'm hoping at least once or twice a month. No promises on that timeline, but that is my plan. I'll also be adding other files to my store...just not as many as before. My awesome Design Team has decided to stick with me, so they will be sharing projects with you...just not everyday, like before. And, we won't be having regular challenges and blog hops. We might do one now and again, just for fun, bun not on a scheduled basis. So, that's it...I hope you understand. I feel that all of us have had times when we find a new passion and just can't stop thinking about it...so much so that it turns into new goals and dreams. So I hope you're with me in thinking that I should go for it.

So, today, I have a couple of new files for you. You can click on the photos to see these in the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Store. Oh, and the Gumball Machine is FREE through next Thursday night.



Oh, and I can't forget the best part! There's a sale going on over at PPPR! You can save 30% off your entire purchase! No coupon needed...you'll see the discount in your cart.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you've found something to bring you joy and make you feel better. Changes can be very hard, but they can also do so much good.

    I've loved seeing what you're up to on Instagram and highly recommend that everyone else follow you to see your paintings and drawings!

    Take care and thanks you for allowing me to play with your files while on your design team! I really had a blast while that was a big part of my life and I will continue to enjoy them when I do paper crafting.

    Take care and I wish you much contentment and happiness in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you! Enjoy your new path, and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have depression all the time, so I know how you feel. To find something that excites you is a must to continue. I just have one question.......what about the last competition that a winner or favorites weren't chosen yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see you back sort of! :) I totally get were your coming from - I've been feeling this way as of late - I even left my DT's just so I can do a few things for myself.... I'm liking it as well and feel happier about my choice... I will probably join another team one of these days.... but for now... I like just doing what I'm doing with no commitments - So you GO GIRL! Do what you gotta do for you! I still hope to enjoy your adorable files, even if it's not to many at a time! I mean how many SVG files can one girl have! hahaha - trust me.... I already have tooo toooo many! LOL I'm happy that you're happy and that's all that matters - that YOU ARE HAPPY! :) BIG HUGS!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! You just need to do what is best for you.. Take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa so happy for you that you have found the beginning of your path, I'm searching for mine aswell��

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear that you are back and with a new path.It's always important to enjoy what you do and to take out time for ourselves as well.
    Sending tons of love, prayers and hugs
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand. Thanks for being real. That can be hard. Thanks for the gumball svg freebie. With so much going on, it's especially sweet of you to share with us. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa I totally understand and I am with you 100% I have had some struggle myself lately but luckly for you your back to your self, me not so much. I really wish I could get my crafty feeling back, it helps with my depression. ok enough on me I am so very happy for you and can;t wait to see what you do
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely understand and am so glad you are taking time for you and doing what you love to do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D