Monday, February 1, 2016

Home Sweet Home Puppy


   Hi puppy lovers! Leah Schaeffer with you today to share my very first fur baby layout ever! Little Toby came home to be with us just a year ago and these were some of his very first photos with us. Honestly think this little guy is the sweetest doggy I've met! Such a love! So being able to create this felt like a wonderful treat. 
   I wanted to design a page that had that happy, spring day kinda feel and I think that each file I pulled images from ended up being perfect. The dimension to the page was easily created by thinking of the scene you are creating. The additions of the clouds for example just add one more layer. Popping the forefront images helped again to add a feeling of space on the page. 
   Trimming and adding foam tape to this title may have taken forever, but really helped bring attention to this detail. As well as the layering and inking. 
   All of the layers were inked. Yes, that is a bit time consuming but by doing so, each and every layer of each image really comes to life! To add even a bit more, I used my markers to add details. Dots on the buttefly, "fur" on the doggy, details on the snail. Even each flower center has a detail inside! Also mixing some printed paper with solid paper adds a bit more interest then only one or the other. 
   All those images can be found here...
Winter Dog
Fire Hydrant
Happy Bird Day
Gnomies
Home Sweet Home
On the Farm
Spring Garden
Flower Assortment
Kite and Clouds
    I need a nap after linking all of this! =) Thanks friends as always for visiting the PPPR blog! Hugs! 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's not too much, it's not too little, it's just right. Plus I love puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS layout Leah! I love the cuts and all the dimension looks fantastic!
    Great job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D