Monday, June 6, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #17: Father's Day

Guess what!?!?!?! It's Tuesday, so it's a great day for a challenge over at Celebrate the Occasion.  This week's theme is Father's Day.  Here's what I came up with:


So, I have to say that I'm not super crazy about this card.  It doesn't really go together, or something.  My idea behind this card is that it's for my husband...it represents a sort-of inside joke between him and our daughters.  The big gray elephant is supposed to be him, and the two smaller ones represent the girls.  The problem is that I made the little elephants in pastel colors, thinking it would be good since they are girls.  Well, then I couldn't really make the card very masculine since I had the pastels on there.  I told you I'm not great at making masculine cards!  Anyway, at least I think my hubby will get a chuckle out of this card.  The inside is going to say "Even when you're making elephant noises" which is my hubby's and daughter's code phrase for going #2.  Strange idea for a Father's Day card, maybe, but my girls think it's funny, and my hubby will, too, and that's all that matters. :o)

This is an A2 size card.  The elephants are from Birthday Bash, and the bows are from Once Upon a Princess.  The sentiment is from Pink By Design's Our Fathers stamp set.  I added a little ribbon (no bows this time), and my little card was all done.  I hope you like it!

So, now it's time for you to head on over to Celebrate the Occasion to see what the other Design Team members created.  Then, you can join in on the fun, yourself.  I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for stopping by today!


11 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! I'm sure your hubby will love it, too!! :) Your work is always so bright & cheery!! Love it!! :)
    Linda :)
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bow on the Daddy elephant is adorable. Love how the others are tagging along! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, I thought I followed you but didn't, so I am now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is so cute! I love the little elephants with the dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card! Extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just rock at these cards, girl!! Your projects are always the best:) TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your reasons behind your sentiments - I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who's husband & children have funny code names for certain things. ;)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I love your bright cheerful card!! I think it's PERFECT!! :) So neat to hear the inspiration behind the card -- I bet this card will be treasured!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your DT talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

    (BTW, loved your video too!!)
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    CTO DTM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors used,you always do such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable!!! I love the elephants. I really love when there is a story behind a card. I don't think a card has to always be masculine specially if it is from little girls:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beyond cute! I'm so glad I found your blog! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D