Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hive Ya Been?

Happy Monday, everyone, and happy Labor Day!  Today is my Design Team day over at Pink By Design, and I have a quick tip and a card to show you today.

Before I share them with you, I have a little confession to make...I really struggle with stamping!  Oh, senitment stamps are no problem, but image and background stamps are a new thing for me and a different story, altogether.  So, I've been learning a lot from my time as a Pink By Design Design Team member...some from the other talented team members, and some from good ol' trial and error.  So, I'm going to share something I discovered through lots or trials and lots of errors!

This tip has to do with background stamps or other larger acrylic stamps.  As I started experimenting, I realized that my background images were never coming out like I wanted them to.  My wonderful fellow DT members shared the tip that I should try stamping on a softer surface, like a mouse pad. That helped a bit, but I was still having all sorts of troubles.  Well, I finally realized that the way I was putting my background stamps on my acrylic block was trapping air bubbles underneath, causing my stamped images to come out all wonky.  So, although I know there must be lots of ways to prevent this, I came up with something that works for me.

I grabbed my brayer and laid one end of my background stamp on my acrylic block.  Then, I used my brayer to press down my stamp, going from one end to another.



Then, viola'!  No air bubbles!  By trying this out today, and using a mouse pad underneath my paper while I was stamping, I was able to get a nice, clean image.  Yay!  Here's the card I made using this new background stamp, which is called Circles.


I got the hive and bee from the Lettering Delights Bee Yourself SVG set.  Of course, I had to add a little Stickles to the yummy honey.

Here's a close up of that awesome new background stamp, which, by the way, is now available for Pre-Order and is on SALE until midnight on Labor Day (along with all the other new releases)!  YAY!



I chose to use an ink that was only slightly darker than my paper so the background was subtle.  I'm really happy with how it turned out!

I also used another AWESOME stamp set called Honey Pie for the sentiment.  This set is currently available through Oh My Crafts.  Stamp of the Month Club members can also get it in the Pink By Design Store.  Here's a close up of the cute sentiment:



Well, I hope you've enjoyed my project for today!  Now, go check out this months other new releases.  If you hurry, you could even get in on the Labor Day Sale!  Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. Cute card!!
    Thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Lisa. Your colors are wonderful.
    Thank you for always sharing such beautiful work.
    I love visiting your blog
    Big Hugs,
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D