Sunday, November 23, 2014

Time for school!

Hello! Ruth, here, and I hope you're having a great day!
Fall is definitely back to school time and with that comes school portraits when you've got kids. My layout today has a realistic portrait, but not necessarily the best. My 13 year old son is satisfied with it, though, so there will be no retakes.

What could be better for scrapping a school picture than the look of  cork? I just love that I can print a full page of cork for a background and even use it to fill a font for my projects.
I'll show you what I mean.
Perfection! A piece of notebook paper attached to a cork board and a cork title, too! And you better believe that you can find them in the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons store! You know what else you can find?
The texture of the ruler : Pumpkin Spice Out West Patterned Paper
The journaling star : School Titles Cutting Files
The speech bubble : Speech Bubbles Cutting Files
and the school papers are in the School Days Chalkboards and School Days Pattern Pack

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you'd like to see more detailed pictures of my layout, feel free to stop by my blog Paper and Musings.

Be sure to link up your fall projects using Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons files for the current challenge (follow the link in the side bar on the right.) I can't wait to see what you create!

Ruth


2 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love all your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruthie..Your son sure is a cutie I do like his pic and glad he does too. You did an outstanding creative scrappin' job!!
    You really did find some fun and cool embellishments. You are one super talented scrapper. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D