Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cameo Creations Challenge: You Make Me Smile

Hey, everyone! Today is a great day for another challenge over at Cameo Creations.  This week's challenge is to use your Silhouette electronic cutter (any model) to create a square shaped card using a digital stamp and buttons.  This was my first time using a digi with my Cameo, and it was also my first time using the print and cut feature, so I was a little nervous about this one.  It was easier than I thought it would be, though, and I think it turned out to be pretty cute. Here it is:

This cute little Sock Monkey Girl is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  I opened it in my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and colored it using the technique you can find in Monica's tutorial HERE.  I chose to use some patterns from the Silhouette Online Store to color parts of the stamp, though, and I really like how she turned out.  I also designed the layout of the card in Studio, filled the shapes with patterns, and used the print and cut feature to cut out those elements.  Here's a list of all of the Silhouette Studio patterns/files I used:

Square Background Pattern: Dot Pattern by SEI
Scalloped Border Pattern: Happy Stripe Pattern by Lori Whitlock
Monkey Polka Dot Pattern: Happy Dot by Lori Whitlock

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I printed two little monkeys and used the second one to cut out the nose, belly, and bow.  Then, I popped those parts up to add a little dimension to her. And, of course, that sweet sentiment came from Pink by Design's Enjoy the Journey Stamp Set. I added some ink and some buttons, and my card was all done! :)

I made sure to decorate the inside, too. 

So, what are you waiting for?  Get out your Silhouette and create a square card using a digi and buttons.  I promise you...using a digi is not hard.  Then, link it up at Cameo Creations by March 29, and you could win some digital stamps from our sponsor for this week:  Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  

I can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!


  1. What an adorable card Lisa...
    This is really cute...

  2. gorgeous card Lisa!! Boy do I have a ton to learn LOL~~
    Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

  3. Darling card, cute little monkey!

  4. how cute is that little it

  5. How adorable, I love how you cut it twice to give her some dimension - very cute

  6. Awesome card Lisa.. that little monkey is too cute and those colors, wow!!


Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D