Monday, September 15, 2014

Birthday Wishes


Hiiiiii Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon people! Leah Schaeffer sharing today and I ADORE my Design Team days for PPPR! I am just in love with the designs by Lisa and am excited to share with you today!

I started with some party balloons from a graduation set, Hats Off. Being surrounded by little ones, I have no need for graduation hats but man…love that cluster of balloons! Super useful! I can see making this card over and over again and just changing the color scheme up! To make this a bit more "in the mail" friendly, you could choose not to add foam behind anything and keep this flat. Because of the layers already in the card, it will still be great without that, but of course, 3D pops!!!! =)
Another fun design idea when you are creating a card that really centers around a single focal image, is to try off setting it. I could have easily sized the balloons to sit in the center of the card, with no need to trim the sides. But there is something more interesting and organic about something that comes to the edges of a project. Hard to explain…but try it out! =)

I had this bold multi-colored polka dot background and decided to soften it slightly by adding a vellum layer over it. That also helps the balloons stand out just a bit more as well. Adding any layer helps build interest on a project so I decided to cut a vellum layer behind the sentiment spot as well. Not necessary but a nice detail! I also could of left the card just as is…but I felt like there was just a bit of something it needed…yes, even after adding the gems. And that was the black doodling around the card. So happy with that in the end!


Hope you enjoyed this card! For awhile I am keeping this in my scrappy room and not giving it away just yet! LOL! 

Hats Off Cutting File

Sentiment Spots Cutting File 

Thanks for the visit and those that spent some time with the entire team over the weekend and hopped along…don't forget to HOP…there are the CUTEST files available for FREE when you join us. Not to mention the many chances to win some $$$ to spend in the shop! NICE! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D