Monday, June 6, 2016

Happy 7th Birthday Layout

   Hi all Leah Schaeffer with you on this fine Monday! Only a couple Monday's left and it will officially be summer time for my household! The other thing coming up, on the last day of school actually is my youngest's 7th birthday. So I created this layout in anticipation of his coming birthday.
I can't wait to fill it with photos!
   I have cut the little girl version of this birthday cake cutting file and was excited to use the little boy. I love the statement this piece has! I added 7 large birthday candles and designed a title using free fonts from online. 
   I added lots and lots of shine around the page with Wink of Stella.
 
   Instead of adding photos directly to the page I decided to cut photo mats. Photos to come of course!
   Because of the bright colors, I added a whole vellum panel to the background. It helped mute the colors enough for all the die cutting to pop. I also cut another layer of almost all of the die cuts in dark brown and off set those to create a subtle shadow. But again, that allowed the images to show up a bit better against the background.
   Ok, here are the 2 sets I used!
Make a Wish
Photo Frames 1
      Have a great week everyone! 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout for some fun 7th bday memories. Was wanting to know when will the winners be posted for the last challenge and when will the new challenge start? Have a Bee-utiful evng!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this layout! Fun papers and darling cuts! I like all the different colored candles! The birthday girl is darling!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D