Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fly Away With Me

YAY!  It's THURSDAY!!! Just one more day until FRIDAY!  Woot, woot!  This is my Pink by Design Design Team day,  and I want to share the Valentine I made for my husband with you.  Here it is:


Now, I realize this isn't  a traditional Valentine, but I have a very good reason behind it.  You see, my hubby is just a GIANT KID!  He's been wanting this big remote control helicopter FOREVER.  He got a small one for Christmas, and you should just see his face light up when he flies the thing around the house.  He especially loves hovering it over me when I'm on my laptop (making me FREEZE and very annoyed) and getting my Chihuahua to bark and chase it around.  Well, I ordered the big version of the helicopter for him for V-day, but, just as I expected, it didn't make it here on time (of course).  So, I decided to make a card for him that would let him know what he has to look forward to.

This card is 5.75" square.  I got the cute helicopter from my Boys Will Be Boys Cricut Cartridge, the hills came from my Country Life Cricut Cartridge, and the clouds came from my Create a Critter Cartridge.  I just love using clouds for my sentiments, especially on scene cards like this one.  Speaking of sentiments, this cute one came from Pink by Design's Ticket to Ride stamp set.  Oh, and I made the cute polka dots in the sky with the my Pink by Design Tiny Dots Background Stamp.  I added lots of ink with my ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inks, some flower brads, and some doodles, and my Valentine for my hubby was all done! 

In case you missed it, PBD just released some fun and adorable stamp sets last week.  You can check them out in the PBD store HERE.  Thanks for stopping by today!  




9 comments:

  1. this is adorable Lisa!! Love the cut and love the fun design!
    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Love how bright it is, and you did a great job with the white accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card...I totally love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute!!! I will take a ride!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is sooo cute!! Hope your hubby flies his better than mine, it tends to bounce around from time to time, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. I love the colours.I also like the backgroud stamp you used. It looks like it would be very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, This card is amazing! well ll your cards are! Amazing as always my friend! You are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Lisa! I love this:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this is awesome! My husband is a helicopter pilot in the Army, so this is great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D