Sunday, June 17, 2012

Best in the West ~ Ink it Pink Challenge

Happy Father's Day, everyone!  Today, I wanted to share the card I made for my dad for Father's Day this year.  He loves all things western and cowboy-ish, so this is what I created for him:


This card measures 5.75" square.  I got this cowboy silhouette and the barbed wire from the Silhouette Online Store.  I thought this weathered wood fence background was perfect for the card, and I added a little bit of red bandanna paper as a border.  It's kind-of hard to see, but I also added a sentiment at the bottom, which I got from Pink by Design's Best in the West Stamp Set


I used the same papers to decorate the inside and repeated the barbed wire border along the bottom.  The YEE HAW! sentiment and the cowboy stamp are from Pink by Design's Cowgirl Up Stamp Set.  The Father's Day sentiment is from Pink by Design's Our Fathers Stamp Set.

I used lots of ink to help the pieces of the card pop, and my dad's card was all done.  I'm hoping he'll love it and display it proudly in his western-decorated room. :)

This card is also perfect for Pink by Design's Ink it Pink Challenge!  This week's challenge is to create a masculine card or project...so go link up anything manly HERE.  

Pink by Design

Remember to grab the Ink it Pink badge from the challenge page and display it on your blog to qualify. If you are linking to an online gallery like Splitcoast Stampers, please also use the key word pinkbydesign so your card can be easily found.  You have until Tuesday at noon CST to link up for this challenge...can't wait to see what you create!

I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!  Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. love this card, Lisa!! The paper is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sure will love it and proudly display it.... i love that barbed wire and the wooded background is just prefect...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the perfect card for a cowboy loving dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa this is sooo stinking cute!! <3 it!! I am in LOVE with the distressed wood paper!!

    xoxoxox

    Jessica @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Lisa! I fell off of your follower list for some reason! No wonder I've been missing your posts lately!! Arghhhhh- dang Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa- this is great! I love a good western themed card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D