Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hi Chickadee ~ Cameo Creations Summer Challenge

Happy Thursday!  I hope everyone's week has been AWESOME so far!  Well, it's time for another challenge over at Cameo Creations.  This time, the theme is to create a Summer project using your Silhouette machine.  Here's what I came up with:


This fun little penguin digital stamp came from Bugaboo Digi Stamps...it's the Poppi Penguin Innertube stamp.  Isn't he just adorable?  I used Silhouette Studio to trace him and fill the pieces with colors and patterns, then I used the print and cut function on my Cameo to cut him out.  

The card base came from the Silhouette Online Store.  I cut it from double sided Echo Park paper so there would be different patterns showing.  Then, I stamped my fun sentiment (from Pink by Design's Bracketful Stamp Set) on the white piece, ran it through my Cuttlebug and my Tim Holtz Retro Circles embossing folder, and inked it a bit so the texture would show up a little better.  I added some jewels and some doodles, popped up my penguin with foam tape, and my card was all done.  Easy peasy!

Now it's your turn.  Head on over to Cameo Creations to see what the other design team members created. Then, link up your own Summer-Themed Silhouette project.  You could be the lucky winner of  7 free digi stamps from Bugaboo.  You have two weeks to link up...I can't wait to see what you create! :)


11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! (I really like penguins) lol
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how stinkin' cute is this lil' guy...love him! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute Lisa! Now I feel like I need that stamp set! I guess that means you did your job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is ADORABLE, and looks like he was so fun to create.. I love him. You did an awesome job on this, love all the colors. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...so AWESOME! I love the colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a tutorial on how to do this? I am a better visual learner. Thanks that penguin is adorable and I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica Flores from Monica's Creative Madness has a great video that I used to learn. :)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lBBdYB6i-BA

      Delete
  7. I LOVE this Lisa!!! Love the image and all the great papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love penguins and I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How Adorable!!!I love the penguin he is just so cute. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing!!! I love the fabulous papers! You are amazing my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D