Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gamer Father's Day ~ SOUS Die Cut Challenge June 15

TGIF!!!  Today is a great day for another Die Cut Challenge over at Stuck on U Sketches. This challenge is All About Fathers.  Today, I'm going to share the Father's Day card I made for my hubby.  He loves to play video games, especially his PS3, so I thought I'd make a gamer Father's Day card for him.  Here it is:


I got this fun game controller file from the Silhouette Online Store and cut it with my Silhouette Cameo.  I though it was perfect for him because (except for the colors) it looks a lot like his PS3 controller.  The sentiment on the front came from the Pink by Design Our Fathers Stamp Set.  One thing I love about clear stamps is that you can bend and shape them in whatever way you want.  So, I was able to shape this sentiment so it fit the contour of game controller.  I used foam tape to pop up the buttons on the controller, added some ink and some doodle marks, and the front of my card was all done!


To create the base of the card, I mirrored the background of the controller and welded the two pieces together in Silhouette Studio.  Then, I stamped a few more sentiments from the Our Fathers Stamp Set.  

Now, it's your turn.  Head on over to Stuck on U Sketches to see what the other Design Team members created, then link up you own die cut Father's Day project.  I can't wait to see what you create! :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

16 comments:

  1. What a COOL card....great idea for your PS3 loving husband:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super fun! Love this Lisa! Have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa this is so cool...
    I should have made my Hubby one he loves to game
    Great jog
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this lisa!! also love how you shaped that stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa...girl...I had no idea you were such a busy one!
    =0)
    Looking around at your projects and it is the biggest treat having
    you on our team...I always love your fresh designs
    and this is VERY fun for your hubby! Lucky guys out there!
    Hope you and family have an incredible weekend!

    Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this cool or what! I love shaped cards, and this one rocks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! I love how you stamped the front!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow.. This is a super fun card and can be used for so many wonderful occasions.. Awesome job..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME job!!!!!! I googled because I want to make my DS a birthday card using this cut and I wanted to see what others had done with it! Fabulous job! thanks for the idea on popping up the buttons on foam tape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oi aonde eu consigo este modelo de cartão para imprimir.
    Obrigada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg if someone can make this for me i'll buy it from you. I so need this for my sons bday party...if anyone can plz email me at awebster22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D