Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cameo Creations Challenge: You Make Me Smile

Hey, everyone! Today is a great day for another challenge over at Cameo Creations.  This week's challenge is to use your Silhouette electronic cutter (any model) to create a square shaped card using a digital stamp and buttons.  This was my first time using a digi with my Cameo, and it was also my first time using the print and cut feature, so I was a little nervous about this one.  It was easier than I thought it would be, though, and I think it turned out to be pretty cute. Here it is:


This cute little Sock Monkey Girl is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  I opened it in my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and colored it using the technique you can find in Monica's tutorial HERE.  I chose to use some patterns from the Silhouette Online Store to color parts of the stamp, though, and I really like how she turned out.  I also designed the layout of the card in Studio, filled the shapes with patterns, and used the print and cut feature to cut out those elements.  Here's a list of all of the Silhouette Studio patterns/files I used:

Square Background Pattern: Dot Pattern by SEI
Scalloped Border Pattern: Happy Stripe Pattern by Lori Whitlock
Monkey Polka Dot Pattern: Happy Dot by Lori Whitlock

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I printed two little monkeys and used the second one to cut out the nose, belly, and bow.  Then, I popped those parts up to add a little dimension to her. And, of course, that sweet sentiment came from Pink by Design's Enjoy the Journey Stamp Set. I added some ink and some buttons, and my card was all done! :)


I made sure to decorate the inside, too. 

So, what are you waiting for?  Get out your Silhouette and create a square card using a digi and buttons.  I promise you...using a digi is not hard.  Then, link it up at Cameo Creations by March 29, and you could win some digital stamps from our sponsor for this week:  Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  


I can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!



9 comments:

  1. What an adorable card Lisa...
    This is really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Lisa!! Boy do I have a ton to learn LOL~~
    Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, cute little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute is that little monkey...love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable, I love how you cut it twice to give her some dimension - very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Lisa.. that little monkey is too cute and those colors, wow!!
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D