Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cameo Creations Challenge: St. Patrick's Day Decor

Happy March 1, everyone!  Can you believe it's already March???  This year has just been flying by, and we even had an extra day in there!  Whew!

Today is a great day for another Cameo Creations Challenge.  This time, the challenge is to create a home decor item with a St. Patrick's Day theme.  Here's what I came up with:


I created this little door/wall hanging with svgs and Silhouette Studio files.  The leprechaun, rainbow, pot of gold, shamrocks, and banner all came from the Lettering Delights Luck of the Irish Cut It Set.  The clouds came from this file I found in the Silhouette Online Store.  I created the base of the hanging by arranging the rainbow and clouds on my virtual mat in Silhouette Studio and then using the offset tool to create a shadow layer around all four shapes.  Then, I cut ten of those shadow layers out of kraft cardstock so my wall hanging would feel more like a thin wooden sign.  I glued all of the pieces together, added another layer cut out of blue patterned paper, and I had a nice, sturdy base for my wall hanging.


I used fun glitter and reflective paper for the rainbow.  I like the sparkle that it adds.


The leprechaun's tights, jacket trim, buckle, and button are also sparkly.  He is sooo fashionable!  Ha!  I stamped his cute little face with a stamp from my Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face Assortment.


The gold, of course, is also glittery.  I inked all of my cuts up with my ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inks, added some doodle lines and a ribbon for hanging, and my door/wall handing was all done!  I hope you like it!

Now it's your turn!  Head on over to enter the Cameo Creations Challenge.  The only requirements are that you create a home decor item with a St. Patrick's Day theme using your Silhouette machine (any model).  Then, link it up so we can all see your fabulous creation!  Plus, you'll be entered to win a super fun prize! You have until March 15 to enter...I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


11 comments:

  1. this is amazing Lisa!! I love the fun rainbow and the adorable leprechaun is too cute with his PK face!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. your are so creative and fun...this is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this soo much! It looks like if it was made out of plastic! You did an amazing job Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!!! I love the design, and it's so bright and colourful - makes me smile. :) I can't believe how *perfect* those cuts are - so clean. Wonderful project!
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lisa,This is such a FANTASTIC project!AWESOME job with it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this! Absolutely adorable! I really need a Cameo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous creation! Love all the details you put into it =)

    lots of love,
    shortycreations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this blew me away! It is just fabulous! This looks store bought!!!! You are so talented my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is sooo awesome Lisa!! amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome project!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D