Hey, everyone! After a long day of Blogger being down, welcome to Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons and the Friday the 13th Blog Hop. If you're coming here from Deborah at Bug Juiced, you're in the right place! If you're just stumbling upon my blog and would like to play along, vistit Flaunt it Fridays.
For our first project, we were supposed to use the Friday the 13th cut from page 54 of the Happy Hauntings cart. Here's what I came up with:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I hope you think this is as funny as I do...it just makes me giggle every time I see it. I can't take credit for the sentiment, though. I saw a similar sentiment on an e-card, and knew I had to use it...I just tweaked it a bit for my purposes. This card measures 5.75" square. I got the Friday the 13th phrase from Happy Hauntings...duh ;o) and the other letters on the front came from Alphalicious. The cake and monkey came from Birthday Bash.
I cut the machete and hockey mask out with scissors and hole punches...I even looked up Jason's mask on the Internet to make sure I got it just right. Then, I added lots of ink, some ribbon, and some brads, and my fun Friday the 13th birthday card was all done. I hope you like it!
For our second project, we were able to use any cut from Happy Hauntings, so I decided to make some cute favor boxes to go along with some Over the Hill cupcake toppers I have in my Etsy shop. Here it is:
The box, tombstone, and RIP all came from Happy Hauntings. The box is pretty small...you can tell from the m&ms in the photo, but I cut it as large as I could and still fit it on a 12" x 12" piece of paper. The tombstone originally had a raven on it, but I trimmed it off so I could add this little vulture from Life's a Party. Here's the cupcake topping set that matches:
Well, I hope you liked my projects! I hope you'll hop along to see what all of the other talented crafters came up with. Then, you can link up your own project at Flaunt It Fridays.
Oh, but before I forget....how about some BLOG CANDY??? One lucky follower will win this fun set of Martha Stewart Embellishments:
Here's what you need to do for a chance to win this candy:
1. Become a follower and leave a comment letting me know. Or, let me know you're already a follower. Please don't forget to include your e-mail address.
That's all you have to do to have a chance to win! But, if you want an extra chance, here's what you can do:
2. For an extra entry, LIKE my Facebook page and leave another comment telling me you did so. You can click LIKE on my left sidebar or follow the link. Don't forget to leave your e-mail address in your comment.
That's it! :o) Please...only US mailing addresses. I'll leave this giveaway open all week, and then I'll randomly choose a winner on Friday, May 20.
Oh, and don't forget to CHECK OUT MY 500 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY HERE!!!
Your next stop is Mel at Scrappy Mel.
1. Flaunt It Friday's www.flauntitfridays.blogspot.com2. Sandra www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
3. Sharon http://meemeescreations.blogspot.com/
4. Lisa P. http://www.crop-and-create.blogspot.com/
5. Corri http://www.buglvr.blogspot.com/
6. Monica http://simplycricutting.blogspot.com/
7. Celeste http://ccscards.blogspot.com/
8. Carley http://www.the-real-icarley.blogspot.com/
9. Laurel http://www.blog.littlepeaceofmyheart.com/
10. Deborah www.bugjuiced.blogspot.com
11. Lisa N. http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com/ THAT'S ME
12. Mel http://scrappymel.blogspot.com/ NEXT STOP
13. Yolonda http://www.craftyscentiments.blogspot.com/
14. Jess http://myscrapdiary-jess.blogspot.com/
15. Brynn http://flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday the 13th!!!