Monday, May 9, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #59: Teacher Feature


Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you had an awesome weekend...a fun National Scrapbooking Day and a fabulous Mother's Day! I know mine was WONDERFUL!  Anyway...it's another Challenge Me Monday over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.  The challenge this week is to create a project for a special teacher with the color red on it.  I made a couple of different cards...one for each of my daughters' teachers.  Here they are:



The base for this card came from Wild Card, the seal came from Birthday Bash, and the apple is from Create a Critter.  I embossed the base with the Polka Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I used the center of the star frame on the front as an area for writing on the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from Pink By Design's Our Teachers stamp set.  I added some brads and some ribbon, and my first card was all done! :o)


The apple for this card came from Doodlecharms, the Ruler is from a Cuttlebug folder...the Measure by Measure border folder. This sentment also came from the Our Teachers stamp set.  I added some silver star brads...they remind me of the foil stars teachers put on papers.  I think it turned out cute.  I liked these cards so much, I made a second set to put in my Etsy Shop. :o)

Well, I hope you like my cards!  Now it's time to head on over to FCCB to see what the rest of the Design Team members created and to enter the challenge yourself.  I can't wait to see what you create! :o)



13 comments:

  1. These cards are fantastic, Lisa! I love the fun blackboard look of the first one and the ruler looks fabulous on the second. It looks real!! Great job, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! These are FABULOUS!! I love them both! Any teacher would be LUCKY to receive these! great job on the inspiration this week, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, Lisa. Stars, rulers, and apples - how perfect. And, I love the embossing. I'm sure their teachers will be thrilled with your thoughtfulness.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards Lisa!!! You did a fantastic job! Love all the colors and the cut choices are perfect. Thanks for shraing!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are fantastic. I especially love the chalkboard background behind the seal. Happy to follow your blog now!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are awesome and I am so happy Teacher's is the theme for I needed inspiration due to this being Teacher's week at my son's school! Thank you so much, you have such an amazing talent and I love coming back here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love your projects this week! You are so talented. Thank you for inspiring me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such great cards! I love the apple on the seals nose....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards!! I've never seen the Cuttlebug ruler...love it!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way the first card opens, very creative! However, both cards turned out very cute! Thanks for sharing this!

    Susan
    www.cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa your cards are great! I sent you an email, but if you didn't get it, I gave you a blog award. Go to my blog to check it out. tfs Tami
    tambo1010atcomcastdotnet

    Tambo's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, you are amazing! Both of these cards just rock! Great job with the challenge!!! You are such an inspiration... congrats on getting close to 500 followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing cards!! Love the embossing and you used Emma's stamps so well!! TFS!! TaKe Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D