Monday, May 30, 2011

My Daughter's Birthday

Whew!  This has been a REALLY busy last couple of weeks.  My husband left for his deployment today, so we've all been busy preparing for that.  The great thing about this deployment is that he's only 2.5 hours away...so we'll get to visit every few weeks.  Plus, we're in the same time zone, so we should be able to talk on the phone regularly.  The bad thing is that, like always, we'll miss having him around for all of the day-to-day stuff.  Needless to say, it was just a big tear-fest when he left this afternoon.  At least we can now start counting down to when we'll see him again...hopefully sometime in late June.

Well, since my hubby had to leave today, he'll be missing my daughter's 10th birthday, which is on Wednesday.  So, she's had 2 early parties...one with her friends and one at home with us.  Of course, since I wanted to make all the stuff for her party, the last two weeks have been even more stressful.  Hey, at least I had fun making all the stuff.  :o)

Madi wanted to have a Rock n Roll themed party, so I made her some cupcake toppers and wrappers that I already had listed in my Etsy store.  Then, I made some invitations and treat bags to match the theme.  Here's all of her goodies:

The guitar on these invitations is from Rock Princess, and I believe the stars are from Toy Story (I think). 

I used a Photoshop Elements Brush to create the star shapes on the picture and then created the inside of the invitation in Microsoft Word.  I made up an extra one with fake info so I could show you here and then list it on Etsy. :o)
The black background piece is embossed with the Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder, and the large star is embossed with Candycane Stripes.  The sentiment on the front is from Pink By Design's Rock On Stamp Set.  I added another stamp to the envelopes.
 Here are the cupcake toppers (also from Rock Princess) and the cupcake wrappers (from Life's a Party) I made.

 Here's my goofy girl with her cupcake..all in GREEN, of course! (Her favorite color.)

Okay, I had to get a smiley one, too!

And...here are the treat bags I put together for her guests.

The guitars were the little pieces left over from the cupcake wrappers (I couldn't let those cute little guys go to waste, you know!).  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Oh, and before I forget...here is the card I made for my little rocker chick:

 If it looks familiar, it's because I made a similar one a few months ago.  Madison loved it so much that I decided to make one for her.  I just changed out the Rock Princess girl on the front.  I also added a sentiment from the Taylored Expressions You're My Hero Stamp Set.  The card base is from Birthday Bash.

Whew!  I hope you like all of this birthday stuff...I had a lot of fun making it!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great week, and Happy Memorial Day!


14 comments:

  1. Wow, u did super job! She is so lucky to have u for Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa what a fantastic job and a GREAT Mom to make it so special for her! I love all your party projects~cupcakes look yummy!
    So, glad your Hubby isn't to far from home, but I know it's always an adjustment. Been there, done that...so I know what your going through. Hang in there! Your crafty friends will help keep you smilin:) Take care!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the projects you made for your daughter's birthday party totally ROCK!! Great job!! And God bless you and your family as your husband is deployed. :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I don't know how you managed to squeeze it in with getting ready for your husband's deployment too. So glad your hubby will be close to home so you guys can see him.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome!! I'm a bit of a Birthday Party Maniac, so I LOVE hearing about party ideas. Your daughter is a lucky little lady! ;) Thanks so much for sharing!
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how awesome!!! You did a fantastic job and I'm sure your daughter had a blast at her parties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Everything is amazing!!! You Rock Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so cute---great color combo, perfect for the rock & roll theme!! Love the zebra stripes, too!! Thank you for you and your husbands service, I pray for our military & their families daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!! I am sure she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lisa...you have been busy! Sorry to hear that your hubby is going to be gone for awhile, I know that must be stressful for everyone, but it sounds like you have it all under control! Your daughter's party looks like it was a huge success! Everything looks wonderful and I really love the colors you used..truly fit for a Rock Princess! Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so cute!! That party looks like it was awesome! Deployments are not fun! You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are awesome invitations love the colors on the invites. These ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post and information. These tips and idea you shared is really great....Keep sharing more IncBestreviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D