Saturday, May 21, 2011

Twice as Proud Layout

Well, I finally got the chance and inspiration to work on a layout.  My oldest daughter recently earned two awards at ther 3rd Quarter Awards Ceremony, and I wanted to make sure I scrapbooked the event.  Plus, my bloggy friend, Sandee, asked if some of the Fantabulous Cricut Design Team members would help her out with one of her Scrappin' Saturday posts by using a sketch from Page Maps to create a layout or a card.  Here's the sketch I chose to use:


This one came from June 2009.  I interpreted it pretty literally, but I adjusted the photo sizes to fit my needs.  Here's my layout:


I got the stars from the Toy Story cartridge and the title from Cuttin' Up.  Then, I used a punch to get the scalloped border.


To make putting all those little stars on my layout easier, I adhered them to a piece of ribbon first.  Then, I just had to adhere the ribbon to my page when I got it the way I liked it.


The journaling is computer generated (I barely fit it all in, but it's there!).  Also, it's hard to tell from the photo, but the green paper is glitter cardstock.  I love the way it adds a little sparkle to the pages!

Well, I hope you like my layout.  I had a lot of fun making it...I really need to scrapbook more often! At least I'll have ONE page done in my daughter's school album! ;o)  Have a great weekend, everyone, and thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. What a fun, bright, happy layout! I love it! I also love that paper...just used it myself on teacher gifts! Love all the stars...very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout, Lisa! The colors are just perfect of a school layout. Great job with the sketch!

    ~Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful 2 page layout! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D