Monday, January 27, 2014

A Magical Birthday Party

Today is my youngest daughter's 10th birthday, and we had a Harry Potter-themed birthday party for her this past weekend.  So, I thought I'd show you all of the party goodies I worked on to help make her day special.  I'll show you everything first (be prepared for LOTS of photos), then I'll post most of the items I used to create the goodies at the end of the post.


First, I created these invitations for her.  I decided to do one I could just print out, and I printed them on pre-cut photo paper to save some trimming time. Of course, I blocked out our personal info so I could post a pic here. :)


Then, I made a birthday banner for her:



I kept it pretty small so it would fit across our mantel.  Each banner piece is just 3 inches wide.

We had trouble finding a Harry Potter cake, so I decided to buy a premade one from a local grocery store and add some decorations myself:


Then, I worked on yummy snacks for the party. I can't take credit for these ideas...I found most of them on Pinterest somewhere.  But, I had a blast putting everything together. I labeled everything with some free journalling cards I found online that I folded over in half. I made these Chocolate Frogs with a mold I found on Amazon.com.


Store-bought lemon drops became magical by name:


These Snitch Truffles are actually doughnut holes with wings added:


Of course, some Jelly Bellys became Every Flavour Beans:


And, I made some Troll Boogers with some microwave popcorn and lime jello (I found the recipe online HERE).  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the popcorn is covered in a snotty green sticky slime...LOL! I put them in a trick-or-trick bucket we had stored with our Halloween decorations.


Of course, a Harry Potter party wouldn't be a party without some Butter Beer (it's really just root beer).


I also created some fun party favors for the kids to take home with them (along with some Harry Potter glasses I bought on Amazon. I cut all of the boxes by hand...can you believe that???  You can find the links for the boxes I used at the end of the post:




I used some old suitcases I have, an owl and scarf I found on Amazon.com, and some Harry Potter stuff we had around the house already to create this little table decoration.  My hubby also hung up an old Halloween costume he had to create a Dementor in our kitchen.  



Finally, here's a the party setup all together.  Luckily, we had a sorting hat already (can you tell we love Harry around here?).


Whew!  That's a bunch of decorations.  I can't forget to show you the card I made for her, too:


Thanks so much for stopping by today and reading my EXTRA LONG post.  As I promised, here are (most of) the items I used to create the invitations, decorations, and card:




21 comments:

  1. Awesome! I bet your daughter and all the kids really loved the decorations. They probably went home telling their parents how awesome the party was and they wanted one like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... very cool. I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous party!! I'm sure a great time was had by all!! 10 is a big deal... after all it's double digits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an awesome job Lisa! I bet your daughter love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful party! I did one for my son and I know how much work (and fun) that they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing job Lisa! I love your frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an AWESOME party!!!!
    Love all the decoration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a party!! I love the banner and the decorating is just FABULOUS! You did an AMAZING job on everything and she will forever remember this:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing set for a party! You are a super mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally awesome!! The creativity and work that went in to this is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word.. Those are so much fun, makes me wanna be a kid again.. I absolutely loved everything you created, very clever and extremely impressive..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable party, wow, themed to the max!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful job you did to make her birthday memorable for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your party decorations and foods are awesome. I love it. Fabulous job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is just so cute! i wish my kids liked HP as much as I do!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well my girls have asked for an HP birthday this year...guess I've got enough ideas npw!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well my girls have asked for an HP birthday this year...guess I've got enough ideas npw!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! We love Harry, too, and long ago wehad a HP party for my daughter. I just love book themed parties! Your projects all look fabulous! I'm betting the kids really had a great time! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D