Sunday, November 22, 2015

Shadow Box Fireplace Card

Katy here with An Inside To My Heart with a card of sorts to share!

I created this 3D card using the PPPR Shadow Box Card 2 and the Fireplace cutting file. I tweaked the file a little using Cricut Design Space so that the battery-operated tealight would show through the back.

------------------------------------------
There are a bunch of little details that make this card so unique...let's start with the layers that create so much dimension...then I added velum behind the flame so the tealight would light it up (here you can see the opaqueness).
----------------------------------------------------------
Here's the top view...I used a 2-1/2" circle punch to punch a hole in the back so the tealight could fit under and shine through...
---------------------------------------------------
Here's a look at the back of the card...this is where I would write a sentiment!
-------------------------------------------------------
And...this card is made to lay flat for mailing! You would still want to add extra postage so they'll hand-cancel and nothing will get torn.

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget that you have until December 5th to enter a Holiday-themed project using PPPR files into our Monthly Challenge! You could win some FREE PPPR files too! And...it doesn't have to be Christmas...it can be ANY HOLIDAY!


Here are the files I used and the links to go grab them:



2 comments:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D