Monday, November 9, 2015

Winter Girl


   Hi friends, Leah Schaeffer today sharing a holiday card. I don't know about you but I think my head it totally ready for Christmas. I know some get overwhelmed and say it starts "earlier" every year but I think that's the good part! I really want to give out a lot of handmade cards so I better get a move on! Expect to see much more from me!
   This is the first time I cut this sweet little girl and I just adore her! She can easily be used for any winter project but by using some holiday papers and sentiment, she's easily transformed! 
   And yes, she's a hockey player. That explains the smile ;)

   If you ever find that pattern paper is difficult to use or it's not allowing your other elements to stand out enough, try a layer of vellum. It softens the print just enough! 

   I added some tone on tone stamping to the little girls coat and also added glitter pen to her scarf and Wink of Stella to the gloves and ear muffs.


   Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Happy Monday to you! 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. You are so smart! Oh my gosh. I would have never thought to add vellum to soften it. Smart! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, this is so darling! I LOVE the papers and the vellum is such a great idea! I don't use that enough! The little girl is so adorable~fabulous card!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Did you make enough to send out to all your friends?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D