Monday, April 13, 2015

You Color My World

   Welcome to Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons! Leah Schaeffer here with a daily post to share a project featuring this wonderful watercolor cut file. I am pretty sure I will never get sick of creating with the files from this shop as they are always unique and have that sweet touch that is only Lisa! The whole cutting file set includes so much to keep you busy and creating. I am excited to do whole layout with these wonderful images! 

   To make this a bit more authentic looking I decided to cut the white layers multiple times and add them together for a "real" paintbox look. When adhering this to the card base, I slightly folded the design so the top of the box sits up a bit. The paint colors were colored with marker on white paper and the title colored with Distress Inks. I cut another layer and offset to help that stand out a little bit more. The last detail with a bit of shimmer.

   The original card base was creating with the Pocket Cards 1 cutting file. However I ended up only using the base shape (and not the chevron layer) because I found this great frame pattern paper that I thought went well with the card. To add a bit of color I used the basic shape and then off set to create a few extra layers. 


Pocket Cards 1 Cutting Files 
   Thanks for visiting! Have a good one! 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. this is really great. love it. we do alot of crafts in and outside my house. i have my daughters friends come over and they paint or do watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is wonderful! I love the way you did the watercolor box especially :)
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun looking card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cool and Cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D