Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello There Birdie

  Hi all! Leah Schaeffer here to share a sweet little card with you all today! I just loved making this and can see myself creating many more projects to come this way! All the die cut pieces were cut on white paper! Yep! All from white paper! How cool is that? So how about the color then? Thanks to my husband's Christmas gift to me this year, all the pieces were colored using my new Spectrum Noir marker collection.  

 I love this option for die cutting over solid card stock or always having to choose prints, of course, that will always be the number one way to go. Having another option is just awesome! If I may make a suggestion, I would leave some room around the images when you are cutting them. And actually color all the pieces while they are still on the cutting mat. It makes keeping them still so much easier. The space between each cut allows you not to worry so much about coloring inside the lines and not coloring accidentally over another piece.


 Thanks so much for visiting! And hope this gave you some new ideas...you'll be seeing me doing this again in the future! 


 Have a great week and glad you stopped by! 
post signature

7 comments:

  1. OMG Your card is just as adorable and precious as can be.
    I love your Bluebird of Happiness sitting on her eggs. Your little scene is so cute!! WOW what an outstanding Christmas gift...Kudos to your hubby what a great guy....YAY!!!
    Thanks for sharing!! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and Thanks for the great tip on coloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear--this is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Great job on the coloring! Cute files:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! this is so pretty Katy:) Happy New Year to you and I hope you are off to a great New Year!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card, Leah...the dimension is wonderful and that little bird makes me want to break out in song...but I'll spare you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D