Monday, January 19, 2015

Winter Critters


   Happy Monday all! Leah here today wishing you had a lovely weekend and to also a project with you as well. I am pretty sure that I'll never tire from using the birch trees! One of my most favorite files from Lisa! They were the base for my long, business envelope sized card. This long style card is a favorite of mine, though I don't think I create enough with it. Designing with this size is refreshing and I think always creates a more unique card. 

   Last week I posted this post using markers to color all of my die cut pieces. I did a bit of that today as well. The cardinal and the red and pink on the bunny were all colored on white paper, as well as some shading added to the blue pattern paper pieces.

   This just gives another option outside of all colored papers or even doing print and cut. Plus it's a way to get the most out of your markers. I use Spectrum Noir and like them because they are way, way cheaper then Copic.

   To finish this off I added some punched snowflakes, white enamel accents for snow and a stamped and embossed sentiment on vellum. I wasn't thinking to make this exactly a Christmas card but thought the top of the card needed a detail and I didn't have any other stamp sentiment that I liked or had the right sizing..so it turned into a Christmas card anyways!




Birch Trees
Snow Peeps (snow cap on bunny) 
   Have a wonderful day and a great rest of your week. Remember to stop by often for more Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon goodness! 
post signature

5 comments:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D