Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You Rock Card

Well, I finally got the chance to make another card today. I go a few days without creating anything, and it just feels like FOREVER!!! I think I was getting a little "V-Day"ed out...too much pink, red, and heart-shaped stuff!  But I finally got some inspiration...and I have a lot of inspirations for this card.  First of all, I've been saving bunches of card sketches from The Sweetest Thing, and I've been dying to try one out.  This is the one that inspired me today:


Also, Card Creations and More by C is having a challenge in which we are supposed to use black, white, and one other color, and My Pink Stamper is challenging us to participate in her blog hop by using black and other colors in a project. Finally, I REALLY need some Thank You cards!!!  So, here's what I came up with:


Sorry, this isn't the best pic...it's a really gloomy day today.  It may be hard to tell by the lighting, but I did use only black, white, and teal.  I designed this on my Gypsy with the sketch above in mind.  The guitar came from the Hannah Montana cart, and the circles and rectangle came from Birthday Bash.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I got to use my new Cuttlebug on this card, too.  I used the Seeing Spots and Stars embossing folders.  I added a few stitching marks, and I was all done.  I hope you like this simple little card!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa,
    I can't thank you enough. "For what?" you're probably wondering. Well, I was looking at your post (cute card, as always, by the way,) and I happened to see your button about the blog hop for OWH. I had never heard of this organization, but AM thrilled that now I do. This is just what I've been wanting & needing now for months. I had tried to obtain from a friend with military connections a few names/addresses for service men who weren't getting much, if any mail, but that didn't pan out. OWH is just the ticket! I don't like doing challenges but love making cards & need a purpose/reason to make them, not to mention a way to "circulate" my stash. Didn't mean for this to be a such a long comment-sorry, and again thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love the teal color and your doodling!! Thanks for joining us at Card Creations & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card!!
    I just became a follower :-)
    www.kerieskafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Your cards are all just gorgeous!! I love this one with the black & teal, and all the embossing. Great work!! Thanks for following my blog, I'm following yours too!!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. This is one of my favorite colors..."Tiffany's" blue and I love it with black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card it so cute That is such a great guitar
    TFS

    I have a drawing, that ends February 19th. Click on the Starbucks cup the rules are on that link.
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the teal. Super cute card. Thanks for playing in the So Saturday Challenge at Card Creations & More.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! I'm sure happy I found you blog a few minutes ago, love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this card. The colors are wonderful.
    Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog for the 50 State blog hop. I see you are currently living in Germany. I was born and raised in Wiesbaden and miss it terribly. I am so jealous of you

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, love the colors.. What a great card. Love IT!!! TFS!!!
    nicole
    http://ohsoeverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I love this for a Thank you card. The colors look great together. Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv it! love the color combo! Thanks for playing at Card Creations & More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D