Monday, February 28, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion Design Team: Challenge #3

Hey, everyone!  It's Tuesday again, so it's time for another challenge at Celebrate the Occasion.  This week's challenge is to make a project for any occasion, as long as you use the colors green, white, and one optional color.  I had a lot of fun with this project...here it is:



I chose to make a birthday card because it seems I never have enough of those.  This card is 5.75" square.  The iguana is from the Lettering Delights Love Pets SVG Set (which I cut using Make-the-Cut), and the hat is from the Birthday Bash Cartridge.  I printed the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and embossed the top portion with my Cuttlebug and the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder.  I added a strip of patterned paper, some stitching lines, some ribbon, and some brads, and that was it!  I hope you like my card!

Now, head on over to Celebrate the Occasion to check out the other Design Team Members' projects and to enter the challenge yourself!  Each week's winner is entered into a drawing to win an awesome monthly prize!  This month's prize is a Cricut Cartridge: Rock Princess.  I hope you join in the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you like what you see, I'd love it if you'd leave a comment and become a follower.  :o)

19 comments:

  1. I love how your card turned out! It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, Iguana tell ya that I LOVE THIS CARD!! :) I am so amazed at everything the CTO DT came up with!! Your sentiment is just too funny - I actually SNORTED while laughing when I saw it!! :D

    I also wanted to tell ya THANKS so much for being a FABULOUS FOLLOWER at www.lovetocrop.com!! I really appreciate your support -- Good luck in the Giveaway (YES! I will send it to Germany if ya win!)!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    I love the card and such a clever sentiment. The embossing is the perfect background.
    I'm going to check out that challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great card, Lisa! It must be that Germany air fueling your creativity- or you're just really awesome. Good work! -Paper Panther DT
    purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way too cute!!! :) I love the sentiment! :)
    Linda
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 adorable, u made a reptile cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa thanks for the kind comments on the blog hop! I'm stuck at school for conferences today and my computer isn't uploading your image on this post, but I will have to check it out when I get home! I LOVE your egg card though! I must try that! Here are the instructions I used for the side step card if you are interested- http://www.scribd.com/doc/27934092/A-Side-Step-Card-Step-by-Step

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card! The bright colors really pop on that cute embossing! Thanks for stopping by today! I am so excited to be designing with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too Cute!!!!! Love your card! The Iguana is fantastic! Love the blue with the green and white!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is soooo cute! Love the embossing, sentiment, colors, everything! Very nice!

    Nicole T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love how the embossing matches the theme! i too have an award for you! i love your blog just that much :)

    scrappinforkenzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sentiment that you choose, perfect for the card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so adorable! The sentiment is sooo cute. Love the embossing. Got to go find that folder ;-)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, LISa!!!! this is so stinkin' CUTE! The sentiment cracks me up! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is too cute and the embossing was a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D