Monday, April 14, 2014

Friendship Is The Best Medicine by Leah Schaeffer

Hi all! My name is Leah Schaeffer and today is my first posting day here at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons! When deciding what project to work on I thought about a friend who I've been chatting with a lot lately and decided to make a card for her. It is always so warming to me to think about the friends we have, and this friend in particular I know because of the incredible community of crafters! So I know she'll appreciate the card even more! 

I got these fun images from the Happy Pills Cutting Files. I had the idea to utilize the print and cut option using the Silhouette Cameo and made up my own sentiment on the label for the medicine bottle. Kinda cracked me up! Then I layered up a bunch of medicine pills (chill pills for sure!) and added a few details like the glossy accents on the pill bottle.


To get the shine but not the dimension using Glossy Accents I very carefully used my finger to spread it across the paper, using strokes in the same direction otherwise it would have shown. Then on the pills I used the Glossy Accents again along with a white gel pen. Simple, but the added gloss also goes with the printed polka dot paper I used.


I hope this inspired you to think outside the box a little. I thought these pills were so great and really wanted to use them, now I just need to get this in the mail!


Thanks again for visiting the blog today! 
Remember to come back for DAILY inspiration!
See ya soon!


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Leah! I love the fun sentiment and the glossy details you added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the color combo and all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet job using the cute cut files for this card. Love it!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.. that is so super awesome Leah.. Love your use of that cutting file..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D