Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Cards

There are just TONS of birthdays this week!  My daughter's birthday is Thursday, we have 2 birthday parties to go to, and my neice's birthday is next week!  Also, Monday was Robyn's (A.K.A. My Pink Stamper's) birthday, and she is having a birthday challenge this week.  So, I spent some time today designing a couple of cards on my Gypsy and putting them together. 

First, I created a card for my neice, who is turning 17, and I made a duplicate for my oldest daughter's friend, who is turning 10.  I wanted to make something that was fun and not too kiddish, so I used Rock Princess to make this one.  Here it is:
The card base, the star, and the ROCK ON! are from Birthday Bash.  The guitar girl is from Rock Princess.

I created the sentiment in Microsoft word and printed it on an extra star I cut.

I love this Rock On! card...I think it's perfect for teen or tween girls!  Because I love this one so much, I'm entering it in Robyn's challenge.  :o)

The other card I made today is for a friend's daughter who is turning 6.  I wanted to make something sweet for her, and this is what I came up with:


The unicorn and the sentiment are from Once Upon a Princess, and the card base and scallops are from Just Because Cards.

Well, I hope you like the birthday cards I created today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  :o) I'd love it if you'd leave a comment for me...they make my day!  

8 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas! Your first card would make my niece flip out! It's adorable! I can see your blog is going to be dangerous for me...so many cartridges that I'm going to "need"! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are lovely! I know they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good golly miss Molly! I love them all!!! And now I need to add 2 more carts to my WANT list! LOL
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D