Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Card-Making Attempts

Just before Christmas, when I was still using my little baby Cricut machine, I attempted to make my first card.  I was inspired by My Pink Stamper's blog, and I couldn't wait to create something.  So, here's my first card.  I used Stretch your Imagination to make the little tree and paper and ribbon from my stash (I never really know where the paper and ribbons come from...I've had them all for a LONG time).  I'm not crazy about this card...I don't like the messy glitter glue, but it was okay for a first attempt, I think.



Over the next couple of days, I made a few more Christmas cards.  Here they are:

I used Stretch your Imagination again for this one.

 This one's from Doodlecharms.

This one's also from Doodlecharms.  Santa turned out to be a little too big, and he looks really plain, but I think he's still cute.

This snowman is also from Doodlecharms.  I tried to jazz him up a bit with some buttons and the I Rock I got for Christmas (you can barely see the rhinestones on the snowflakes in the background).

And finally, I made this little guy.  I found an SVG on the internet (sorry, I can't remember whose file it is), and I cut it using Make-the-Cut software.  He had LOTS of tiny pieces, but I think it was worth all the time it took for me to put him together.  Isn't he cute?  I think this is my favorite card of the bunch.

So, I hope you like my first card-making attempts.  Hopefully I'll get better with time.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think the little dog was worth cutting out. He is really cute! Great job on all of your cards. You can't tell that these are your first attempts! I haven't been making cards for very long. I got my cricut for Christmas last year, but I wasn't very good at using it! I just started a blog, too, because my goal this year is to use what I have and make lots of crafty things! I am looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristen! I've been scrapbooking for a while, but I've never really had much time for it. I'm looking forward to scrapbooking more and making more cards this year, too! Thanks for becoming a follower! :O) (How exciting!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D