Monday, January 24, 2011

Just Saying Hello

Wow!  There are so many great challenges going on this week!  I just made a card to qualify for two of them.  The Jitterbuggin' Challenge Blog is having a challenge where we can use brown and only one other color, and 2 Scraptastic Gals is having a Create a Critter challenge.  So, I decided to make a card with the cute little beaver from Create a Critter using just the colors brown and blue.  Here it is:


I designed the card on my Gypsy (of course...it seems like I always do now that I have it).  The card base is actually from the window function on the Robotz cartridge.   I didn't make the card have a window though, I just cut out the card without the window and then cut out the window separately to make the blue layer.  I inked the beaver and the brown card with Walnut distress ink, and I inked the blue part with Weathered Wood distress ink.   The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I added some ribbon, and he was all done.  I hope you like him!  :o)

14 comments:

  1. It is lovely... great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lisa this is so cute! Thanks for Joining Meriah and I for CCCC #3!

    Happy Crafting!
    Paula & Meriah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' that cute little critter!!!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute beaver!!!!

    I'm Canadian, and we sure love our beaver!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and adorable! Often time we tend to ignore some nice cuts in our cartridges and only look at the ones that are obvious. I admit I'm guilty of that. That's why sometimes when I'm not doing anything, I scan my handbooks and try to remember some good stuff that I can use for future projects.
    I noticed in your profile that you are in Germany. My DH is working in Einsiedlerhof and we'll be leaving soon too.
    Take care and thanks for dropping by in blog.
    Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little critter.I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the colors and the shape. that beaver is the cutest! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D