Thursday, January 6, 2011

My First Challenge Entry

Well, I decided to try my hand at a challenge.  Paula over at More Than Favors has a Wacky Wednesday Color Challenge, and I thought I'd give it a try.  Here's what I came up with:


I used the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge (I LOVE that one) to make the whale and the cloud.  The scalloped waves are from Winter Frolic.  The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's Even More Punny-licious stamp set.  I added some stitching lines, brads, ribbon, and little tiny seed beads, and viola!  I think he turned out so cute!  So, I hope you like him!  :o)

6 comments:

  1. Wow your first Challenge!!! That is awesome! I love love love this card! Great job and I hope to see u back for more challenges! Thanks for joining the Wacky Wednesday Challengeover at MoreThan Favors!

    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, super cute card!!! Love the polka dot paper!!! Who is it by? I'm now your newest follower and would love it if you stopped by my blog:) Great job on your 1st challenge and I can't wait to see the next one!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The paper is by Reminisce, and it's called Magic Polka Dots. You're lucky that the name is printed right on the paper or else I'd have no idea where it's from. I'm not great at keeping up with who made what paper. Maybe I'll get better as I go. :o) Anyway, thanks for becoming a follower! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! I was a Military wife too. I never got a chance to go over seas though! I love your blog! This whale card is great! I love the papers you used! I just plain love these colors together!!! I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you would follow my blog too;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a whale-of-a-good time creating this darling card! This was my first challenge too and I had lots of fun. TFS!
    Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D