Monday, January 31, 2011

SpongeBob Valentine

Wow!  I've had the SpongeBob cartridge for sooooo long, and I haven't even used it yet!  When I saw that the Cricut Cardz Challenge #59 was to create a Valentine for a child, I immediately thought of the SpongeBob cart.  My youngest daughter LOVES watching SpongeBob.  And, since I've had this cart for over 6 months and haven't used it yet, I'm also entering it in Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Challenge #44. So, here's what I created:



This card is 5.75" square, so I guess that makes SpongeBob around 4 inches.  Let me tell you, I think that may be a little small for this cut.  I had to cut out the yellow layer 3 times, and it still wasn't quite right.  Oh, well.  I still think it turned out nicely.  I designed this on my Gypsy, so I added the flowers that are always in the background on the show, along with some hearts from Create a Critter.  The sentiment is computer generated...I just searched the internet for a free SpongeBob font.  I really love how this card turned out, and I can't wait to give it to my little girl!  I hope you like it, too!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. So cute and congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I LOVE your take on Spongebob :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, you did a great job with the challenge, just the perfect cart!! Thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I think I've had that cart a whole year and haven't cut anything from it. Looks great to me! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lisa...you did an awesome job on this card! My granddaughter loves her SpongeBob! Thanks for taking on the challenge of a neglected cart...I love it! Just became a follower and look forward to seeing your future projects.
    Tanya - FCCB Fantabulous Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute Valentines card! I just love the colors you chose and Sponge Bob looks great! Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Hope to see you again soon.

    michelle (CCC DT #2)
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute!!!

    Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D