Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two More Challenges

Whew!  I've just been really productive today (well, in a crafty way).  First, I decided to join the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge over at Always Crafting.  This week's challenge is to create something with an elephant on it.  Here's what I came up with:



The little elephant came from the Paisley cartridge, and the card base and circles came from Wild Card.  I tied the bow at the top using the technique that Marianne posted on her blog, Paper or Fabric Crafter (thank goodness I found that post, because I've always been a terrible bow tier).  My bow isn't quite as pretty as hers, but I'm proud of it!  ;o)  The sentiment came from My Pink Stamper's Punnylicious stamp set (Get it?  Elephants...peaNUTS??? hehe). 

Oh, I almost forgot to post my other card!  I also decided to join the For the Birds Challenge over at Getting Cricky.  So, here's the little card I created:



I decided to use this little toucan since I am sooooo tired of WINTER!!!  This little guy makes me think of tropical warmth...and I'd really love to escape to somewhere tropical right now!  I got everything from the Life is a Beach cartridge.  This isn't my favorite card, so I think I may see what else I can come up with for this challenge later this week (we're allowed to enter as many projects as we'd like).  Anyway...I hope you like my little cards!  :o)

6 comments:

  1. Cute cards! And your bow is beautiful!!!! Thank you for letting me know. You did a great job and glad that I could help.

    Marianne S.
    www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Love the colors too. We need something cheery these days, right!? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love both your cards. You really made the paisley elephant so cute. Love all the colors and all the detail in cards. Don't you just love the round cards, I know I do. Thank you so much for being such a big supporter of my blog, and for joining us for WWC. It is so appreciated:)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are these?! Love your bright colors. I'll say you're productive! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    this is just sooo cute. I was actually going to use the cutie from Paisley as well but I changed my mind at the last minute. And Im a big fan of round cards. I really like the base.
    Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wed.
    Jess M :)
    Ps. I also like your Toucan card. I like how you used the ribbon as his tree limb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D