Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Love You Monster and Music Mondays Challenge

I noticed that Erin Lee Creative is hosting a new challenge called Music Mondays.  This week, we are supposed to use Ray LaMontagne's song, You are the Best Thing, to inspire us to make a project.  Well, that song definitely inspired me to get going on my Valentine's Day cards for my family!  My husband and two daughters are, by far, the best things in my life.  So, this card is made for one of them!

I have so many great ideas for cards for my girls, but I think picking one out for my husband is going to be a challenge...I really don't want it to be too girly.  So, I've had a few ideas floating around about what I could make for him.

The first idea I decided to try out for my husband was to make a monster-themed V-Day card.  Lettering Delights has a cute graphics set called Monster Love.  They're not offering them as SVGs yet, but I followed the directions over at Under a Cherry Tree to convert the graphics to Make-the-Cut files.  So, here's the little card I made:


Isn't this little guy funny?  I LOVE the graphics in this set!  I've been waiting and waiting on the Mini Monsters cartridge that I ordered a little while ago so I could make a card like this, but I think this graphic also worked really well!  The sentiment is a graphic from the set that I printed, and I flipped the monster in MTC so it would work better with the little speech bubble.  I had a little trouble with my white pen leaking, so there's some smudges on the card, but hopefully my husband won't notice.  :o)

Come to think of it, I'm really not sure if I'll give this to my husband or not...it IS really pink.  I think I'll try making a Robotz card or a Mini Monsters card to see if I can make it a little more masculine.  If I don't give this to my husband, I'll give it to one of my daughters.  I know they will both LOVE this little guy.  I hope you like my card, too! :o)

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! This card is so awesome! I lurve it! That monster is funny / adorable / scary all in one. Super cute. Thanks for joining us, can't wait to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, soooo cute. I am a new follower and can't wait to see what else you come up with! So sweet!

    Ellen
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is sooooo fun! I'm sure your hubby won't mind if it's pink! hehe ;) Love that monster super duper cute! Thanks for playing in our Music Monday Challenge! :) Angelica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D