Thursday, January 13, 2011

You Make Me Smile

Scrapbookaholic by Abby is having an s.e.i challenge this week.  We are supposed to make something that has to do with laughter or smiling.  Well, I've been thinking and thinking about what I could make for this, but I just had too many ideas and was having trouble choosing.  Then, I was checking out Always Crafting and saw that Stephanie is having her own challenge about Alice in Wonderland.  Well, smiling....Alice in Wonderland....what do you think of????  The Cheshire Cat, of course!  So, I KNEW I had to make a card with the Cheshire Cat to enter into both of these challenges.  Here's the card I came up with:




I got the Cheshire Cat SVG from Mardenz and cut it using Make-the-Cut.  If you use SVGs, this blog has TONS of cute free files.  It took quite a bit of time to put all of the pieces together for the cat, so patience was definitely needed!  :o)  But, I'm really happy with how he turned out.  The pink patterned paper is from K&Co's Amy Butler Belle stack.  I made the sentiment inside with Photoshop Elements and printed it out.  Then, I added some punched hearts and stitching lines, and my smiley card was all done!  I hope you like it!

11 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!!! thanks for entering my challenge!!!!!

    email me so I can send you a free Kich N Bleus Design image!!!

    scrapbookaholicbyabby@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is precious! I keep going back and forth on Make the Cut. I'm so crappy with computer stuff I'm afraid I won't get it but this is so so ADORABLE! Fabulous for BOTH challenges! Thanks for following me. Now I'm your new follower. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Thanks for visiting my blog and now I'm one of your newest follower. OXOX ~Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW very cute card I love the chesire cat!! You might also want to enter this in Alwayscrafting.blogspots whimsical wednesday challenge she is have an alice in wonderland challenge! I know Stephanie would love this!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is awesome! I love cheshire cat and yours look a heck of a lot better than mine! :) But I don't own MTC or know how to use it. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Chesire is one of my favorites. But then again they all are :)
    Such a cute card and I like all the purple.
    Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday and for leaving me such a sweet comment.
    Jess M :)
    Ps. Go back and link your project again for your 2nd entry into the pot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lisa. This is adorable. Love the colors, and how you added the hearts, it adds such a nice finishing touch:) I really really want to try out Make The Cut, but I don't know the first thing about it. How do you like it and is it easy to use? Thank you for playing along with us this week..have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl! This is adorable. Really too cute! Great job! It does make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! He looks just like the cat ~ colors and all! Awesome job!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I have the trial version of MTC but I have never used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats perfect. I love it. Great job and wonderful colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D