Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lettering Delights Balloon Craze Card

So, in case you didn't know, Lettering Delights recently started offering SVG files that you can cut out with your Cricut using software like Make-the-Cut.  Just last week, they offered a free set of SVGs called Balloon Craze.  Well, ever since LD came out with these files, I've been dying to cut out something!  I've been much too busy enjoying my new cartridges, though.  Anyway, I decided to try making a card using this Balloon Craze SVG set.  Here's what I came up with:


The mountains, hills, and balloon all came from the Balloon Craze set.  I had to fiddle around with the yellow part of the balloon in MTC because it kept tearing on me, but I got it to cut out on my 3rd try.  All of the other parts cut out very nicely.  All of the patterned paper is from the K&Company Amy Butler Belle paper pad.

I left a sentiment off of this card so I could use it for any occasion, but I did put a little balloon inside!  :o)  I added some bling with my iRock and some glitter glue to the clouds, and I think that really made a difference.  After cutting this out, I can't wait to try other files.  I have some V-Day ideas swirling around in my head.  Can't wait!

By the way, if you like the balloon graphics, but don't want to use MTC, Lettering Delights also offers a digital graphics set called Balloon Festival that you can add to digital layouts or print to use in traditional scrapbooking/card-making. 

Sheesh!  I sound like I'm selling the stuff...but I just really love the site.  Hope you like my card!  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love the use of patterned paper - a lot of people don't think to do that. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D